Sunday, January 01, 2012

Noor e Mohammad Sallalahu alaihe wasallam

Hadhrat Abu Hurayrah (radi Allahau anhu) has narrated: "The Holy Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) once asked Hadhrat Jibreel (alaihi salaam): "How old are you?" Jibreel (alaihi salaam) replied, "I don't have much recollection about the exact age. However, I do remember seeing a star in (meaning behind) the fourth hijab (veil) of Honour. That star would appear once every seventy thousand years, and I have seen the star seventy two thousand times." Upon hearing this, the Holy Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) replied: "I swear by the honour of my Allah Jalla-Jalaluhu that star was me."
(Source(s): Imam Bukhari in Tarikh-ul-Kabir, Imam an-Nubhani in Jawahirul-Nihar, Imam Ismail al-Haqqi in Tafsir ruhul-Bayan)

No comments: